Readers in the poll last week responded they were optimistic about the City+Arch+River project to connect the Gateway Arch to downtown.
Q: Optimistic or Pessimistic About The City+Arch+River Project?
- Optimistic 197 [62.54%]
- Pessimistic 85 [26.98%]
- Neutral 16 [5.08%]
- Other: 9 [2.86%]
- Unsure/No Opinion 8 [2.54%]
I’ve gone from optimistic to neutral since funding seems to be a challenge.
- Unhappy that the project doesn’t include eliminating the depressed I-70 lanes.
- impatient! when does construction start?! NOW!!!
- For the better
- Portion will get done but not sure about Metro East projects.
- cautiously optimistic.
- It still won’t truly connect the city to the arch grounds.
- Pessimistic about it being completed on time.
- disappointed with the choices
- Biggest waste of money.
I think we’ll see something completed by the 50th anniversary party on October 28, 2015 but it will be significantly scaled back.
– Steve Patterson